Spring sales hold steady in Fraser Valley real estate market
In April, the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) processed 1,554 sales on its Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®), virtually unchanged compared to March and a slight decrease of 5.1 per cent compared to April 2022.
“Buyers are continuing to find opportunities in the Fraser Valley, even in the face of lower inventories,” said Narinder Bains, Chair of the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board. “With prices remaining strong, we expect to see inventories increase over the coming months as sellers seek to capitalize on price growth after sitting out for so long.”
The Board received 2,478 new listings in April, off by 3.2 per cent compared to March, and down by 31.6 per cent compared to last year. The month ended with a total active inventory of 4,632, a 2.2 per cent increase over March, and 14 per cent less than April 2022.
“Our members are starting to see a rise in multiple offers on properties as the spring market kicks in,” said Board CEO, Baldev Gill. “With the heightened activity, many homeowners are asking: is now the right time to buy or sell? There is no simple – or single – answer to this question, but a wise first step would be to consult with a professional REALTOR® to determine the best path to meet your personal objectives.”
Low inventories helped nudge prices upward with the composite Benchmark price up by 2.8 per cent to $992,000 and single-family detached homes up by nearly four per cent, month-over-month.
Across Fraser Valley in April, the average number of days to sell a single-family detached home was 25 days and a townhome was 23 days. Apartments took, on average, 26 days to sell.
MLS® HPI Benchmark Price Activity
- Single Family Detached: At $1,442,900, the Benchmark price for an FVREB single-family detached home increased 3.8 per cent compared to March 2023 and decreased 17.8 per cent compared to April 2022.
- Townhomes: At $808,000, the Benchmark price for an FVREB townhome increased 1.7 per cent compared to March 2023 and decreased 13.3 per cent compared to April 2022.
- Apartments: At $530,200, the Benchmark price for an FVREB apartment/condo increased 1.6 per cent compared to March 2023 and decreased 9.8 per cent compared to April 2022.
Article from: Fraser Valley Real Estate Board
Looking to create your investment strategy? I can help with that.
If you are looking to buy or sell, I can help. Get in touch today!
Looking for a one-of-a-kind place to call home?
Want reasonable terms on your purchase agreement?
Want expert guidance on the home purchase process?
Get in touch today and let me help you find just the right place.
Click on the link or me at 604-376-3350 to get the process started.
ABOUT LIZ PENNER | YOUR BEST LANGLEY REAL ESTATE AGENT
Liz Penner is a top-selling licensed real estate salesperson with the Fraser
Valley Real Estate Board and has been a top-selling realtor specializing in the residential resale of condos, townhomes, and houses for over a decade. Liz assists residents of the Langley and Surrey areas to sell real estate while looking out for the client’s best interests. Liz also helps first-time homebuyers, families, and repeat purchasers with their property search process, ensuring that her clients get access to the very best homes on the market while receiving excellent service ensuring that they find the perfect place to call home.
Liz holds a BBA in leadership and has completed a variety of specific training through the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board in the areas of selling strata properties, foreclosures, estate sales, and new construction properties. Liz is also well versed in POAs, the Strata Property Act, and more.
If you are looking for a knowledgeable and professional real estate agent that is willing to do everything possible to ensure that you get top dollar for the sale of your home or to find the dream home you are looking for in the Surrey and Langley, BC areas then get in contact today.
WHY LIST YOUR HOME FOR SALE WITH LIZ PENNER
- I’ve helped sell over 400 properties throughout the Langley and Cloverdale area, and I’d love the opportunity to do the same for you.
- I’ve experienced straightforward sales and sales that have gone off the rails, back on the rails, off the rails, and then back on again. That’s just the way the real estate train rolls, and it never rattles me.
- I’ve got a solid toolkit to pull from when a problem arises. I take my job seriously each time, and I will make sure you get top dollar for your Fraser Valley, Langley, or Cloverdale home, smooth sailing, or otherwise.