As a BC native who suffers from environmental allergies, I understand better than anyone the negative impacts an unhealthy indoor environment can have on one’s health. As a real estate salesperson I can become part of the solution by educating people about the impacts of outdoor and indoor air pollutants. Today I’m sharing an article from the BC Lung Association about why air quality matters.
Air Quality (Reposted from BC Lung Association)
Some indoor air pollutants can cause immediate health effects, such as difficulty breathing, headaches, dizziness, allergic responses, fatigue and even death in the case of carbon monoxide.
Long term exposure to air pollutants such as radon gas or formaldehyde can lead to cancers of the lung or blood. Heart and respiratory disease and neurological problems can also result from chronic exposure to the particulates generated by vehicles, certain cooking techniques, wood smoke and consumer products.
Who is most vulnerable?
People with existing health conditions such as COPD or asthma may be particularly sensitive to exposure to poor indoor air quality. Indoor air problems can occur in both older homes and brand new houses so everyone needs to pay attention to what is in the air around them.
Everyone indoors can be affected by indoor air pollutions Infants and children, those with pre-existing heart and lung diseases are susceptible to the health effects from indoor air pollution.
What influences whether pollutants are found inside your home?
The pollutants found inside homes depend on several factors such as:
- Location: How close a home is to highways, industrial facilities or forest fires.
- Geology: If the home is in a region with higher amounts of uranium in the soils around or near the home.
- Design Features: These include things such as ventilation systems, fire-places, insulation type, vents, air conditioning and even renovations can influence how contaminants enter and remain indoors.
- Home Activities: These include activities such as high temperature frying and burning wood or candles.
- Consumer Products: These include products such as furniture, paints and cleaning materials. Plants can also contribute to problems in indoor air.
Link to full article: https://bc.lung.ca/programs-initiatives/healthy-indoor-environments-program/fact-sheet-0
About Liz Penner | Your Best Langley Real Estate Agent
Liz Penner is a top-selling licensed real estate salesperson with the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board and has been a top-selling realtor specializing in the residential resale of condos, townhomes, and houses for over a decade. Liz assists residents of the Langley and Surrey areas to sell real estate while looking out for the client’s best interests. Liz also helps first-time homebuyers, families, and repeat purchasers with their property search process, ensuring that her clients get access to the very best homes on the market while receiving excellent service ensuring that they find the perfect place to call home.
Liz holds a BBA in leadership and has completed a variety of specific training through the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board in the areas of selling strata properties, foreclosures, estate sales, and new construction properties. Liz is also well versed in POAs, the Strata Property Act, and more.
If you are looking for a knowledgeable and professional real estate agent that is willing to do everything possible to ensure that you get top dollar for the sale of your home or to find the dream home you are looking for in the Surrey and Langley, BC areas then get in contact today.
Why list your home for sale with Liz Penner
- I’ve helped my clients sell over 400 condos, townhomes, and houses throughout the Langley and Cloverdale area, and I’d love the opportunity to do the same for you.
- I’ve experienced straightforward sales and sales that have gone off the rails, back on the rails, off the rails, and then back on again. That’s just the way the real estate train rolls, and it never rattles me.
- I’ve got a solid toolkit to pull from when a problem arises. I take my job seriously each time, and I will make sure you get top dollar for your Fraser Valley, Langley, or Cloverdale home, smooth sailing, or otherwise.
- If you’re looking for a realtor that you can count on in the Langley and Surrey area.
- I’m your Agent!
- If you want top dollar for your home
- I can do that!
- Do you want to save money on your next home purchase?
- I can do that too!
What you can expect when working with Liz Penner
- Fast, Reliable, and Quality service
- Frequent Communication – from somebody who is available to serve you in the key moments that matter.
- Expert Advice – from a well-trained and well trained and experienced agent with almost 2 decades of experience as a top-selling real estate agent.